Many people are talking about a very valuable remedy with is making an impact on ligaments. It is something that you can make simply yourself. It has to do with the tiny film inside the chicken egg. Turn these treasures into bio available calcium on the cheap in your own kitchen. (see directions below)
You can extract the calcium with lemon juice, add to oil and have a lovely salad dressing to be used on salads and vegetables which helps to give your brain the levels of oils needed to sustain energy and healthy memory. It will include your own bioavailable calcium! You did it yourself!
Make sure to add healthy fresh ingredients like parsley, cilantro, cayenne pepper and Himalayan pink or celtic salt.
Your body thanks you! Your ligaments do too.
How to Make Powdered Eggshells:
- Wash empty eggshells in warm water until all of the egg white is removed, but do not remove the membrane because it contains important nutrients for the joints which helps arthritis.
- Lay broken pieces out on paper towels and allow them to air dry thoroughly.
- Break the eggshells up into small pieces, and grind them to into a fine powder in a food processor, blender, coffee grinder, or a nut mill, or put them in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to grind them. Please note that some blenders will not grind the eggshell into a fine enough powder. A coffee grinder works the best.
- Store powdered eggshells in a covered glass jar or container. Keep it in a dry place, like the kitchen cupboard.
How to take eggshell calcium (this forms calcium citrate) takes 3 hours:
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of powdered eggshell into a small dish (approximately 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inches across) 1/2 teaspoon equals approximately 400 mgs of elemental calcium.
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon (freshly squeezed), and mix well it will start to bubble and foam, which is what is supposed to happen.
- Leave it at room temperature for 6 hours the longer you leave it the less gritty it will be, but do not leave it longer than 12 hours.
- It can be taken by the spoonfuls, followed by mouthfuls of water to wash it down. It is not sour tasting. In fact the taste is quite pleasant.
- Also take 400 mgs of magnesium citrate at the same time.
Other Eggshell Recipes here are some other ways to make eggshell calcium citrate:
# 1 Lemon Eggshell:
- Place one whole, clean, uncooked egg into a clean, wide-mouth jar and cover it with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cover the jar loosely and place it in the refrigerator.
- A few times a day, gently agitate the jar the mixture will bubble.
- After 48 hours, when the bubbling stops, carefully remove the egg.
- The recipe says to take 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture daily, but with the added lemon 1/2 teaspoon would not equal 400 mgs of calcium, so it is hard to judge how much of the mixture to take in order to get enough calcium.
# 2 Lemon Eggshell:
- Fill a wide mouth jar with 3 clean, whole, uncracked eggs.
- Cover the eggs with freshly squeezed lemon juice it important that the lemons are very fresh or this mixture will not work right.
- Clove the jar tightly and place it in the refrigerator. You should start to see bubbles forming on the eggshells. That means the eggshells are being dissolved into the lemon juice. The mixture will gradually turn white.
- Gently agitate the jar a few minutes about 3 times a day.
- As soon as the bubbling stops it is ready to take. It should not take any longer than 36-48 hours. If you leave the mixture longer it will tend to get thick and the eggs will begin to absorb more of the lemon juice, or the eggs may split and leak into the mixture. Occasionally this mixture doesn’t work when the lemons are not fresh enough.
- Carefully remove the eggs without breaking the membrane, and use them as you would normally, i.e. in your raw egg drink. There will not be any shell left on the egg because it has been totally dissolved into the lemon juice, which is calcium citrate.
- Place a tight lid on the mixture that remains after the eggs have been removed, and shake it well.
- Take no more than one teaspoon per day initially because it can be very powerful. Start slowly. The amount may be gradually increased over time.
Bee’s note: The amount of this mixture to take is not easy to figure out. One eggshell (size is not stated) yields approximately 1,800 mgs of elemental calcium (amount that will be absorbed). Therefore 3 eggs would contain 5,400 mgs, divided by 400 mgs = approximately 13.5 doses.
Instructions came from: Healing Naturally by Bee
here is the name of the patented eggshell membrane and eggshell calcium products (JOINTHealth and BONEHealth from Membrell). The patented natural eggshell membrane ingredient is composed of naturally occurring glycosaminoglycans including chondroitin and hyaluronic acid, plus collagen and other proteins for proper joint health and flexibility. Two clinical trials on the effects of eggshell membrane show that a single 500-mg dose per day can reduce pain and increase flexibility in just 10 days (5, 6).